Sunday, March 10, 2024

An Ode to my Wonderful TEACHERS

When we were kids, MOST of us hated school, we hated homework, we hated quizzes and exams... We hated our TEACHERS!!


Most of us wanted to go to school to have fun with our friends, to play sports, to take part in clubs and activities, or to meet that girl/boy we liked... Some did not even want to go to school at all!!

Most of us did not understand: What would we use Geometry for in real life!!
Most of us did not get it: Why do we need to learn about ancient history, it is history, who cares!
Most of us did not like it: This complicated Physics is irrelevant, I want to be a writer when I grow up, why waste my energy on it!
Most of us did not tolerate it: So much material to cover, so many quizzes and exams, too much pressure!!

Most of us took it out on our TEACHERS: Disrespect, Practical Jokes, Pranks, and some really Nasty Pranks... We were creative in ways to get our frustration on our TEACHERS!

MOST of us were wrong my friends...

TEACHERS made us who we are today...
TEACHERS shaped a lot of our talents, strengths, and powers...
TEACHERS prepared us for real life, for the tough journey, for our future...
TEACHERS sacrificed themselves to ensure we can make it in life...
TEACHERS were generous and loving humans who gave us priceless wealth...
TEACHERS spent most of their lives dedicated to us, the mostly ungrateful students...

This post is not about the science or art or talent of teaching or education or any of that!! There are professionals and experts for this!!

This post is a Thank You, a genuine, heartfelt, grateful Big Thank You to all my wonderful TEACHERS...

This post is an apology, a very long overdue apology, for not appreciating and acknowledging all my wonderful TEACHERS...

This post is an Ode to my Wonderful TEACHERS, on the occasion of TEACHERS DAY yesterday in Lebanon...

Thank Mrs. Hannoush for making me fall in love with English Writing...
Thank you Mr. Baghdadi and Mr. Ibrahim for making me adore Arabic classes...
Thank you Mr. Abou Daher and Mr. Boudaher for making our English classes more like fun lessons in life, not just English...
Thank you Mr. Qaisi and Mr. Hannoush for expanding my brain processing power to levels I never knew was possible...
Thank you Mrs. Sabbiyoun and Mr. Jba3i for making me enjoy Chemistry, a topic I never liked before...
Thank you Mr. Skafi and Mr. Harfoush and Mr. Bzee3 for making me fall in love with Science and Physics in the most creative ways...

I can probably write pages and pages about my wonderful TEACHERS, even from elementary school, but I will stop with this, thanking everyone I did not mention above, and thanking the TEACHERS of today, and tomorrow... Thank you... Happy TEACHERS Day...




No comments:

Post a Comment