Friday, July 19, 2013

Goodbyes, Letting Go, and Moving On...

Kinda, my daughter, is only 5 years old, a little princess, still in Daycare, where she spent the last 3 years. She made lots of friends, children and teachers, some very close, seeing each other beyond the proximity of the Daycare...

Today was her last day, last day to attend, last day to see her friends, last day in Daycare before she goes to Kindergarten next month. And although she is only 5 years old, today was very emotional to her!! She didn't want to leave, she didn't like the fact that it's her last day, she kept telling me I don't want it to be my last day. She kept saying that she loves her friends, she doesn't want to go away. She had this sad face, which is heart breaking. Her friends started to notice that she is sad. They started to come and talk to her, comfort her, tell her that they love her, give her affection and support. Those are all 5 years old children!!

It was such an emotional scene, and inspiring as well. It makes you think, that no matter how old we are, goodbyes are never easy, they are hard, emotional, heart breaking. We suffer and feel the pain of going away, letting go of those we love. It makes you think that human emotion is profound, genuine, and deep...

For us adults, we can rationalize those situations, and try to convince ourselves that this is something that has to happen, and hope for a better tomorrow, hope this is for the best, for everyone... We try to control our emotions, not to break up in tears and despair, although we often fail. We try to believe that letting go is the natural course of life, and that letting go is a sign of strength, and that letting go is a positive thing... We read inspirational quotes, we listen to our friends and loved ones, trying to gain that strength to let go... And move on, towards the next step, next chapter, next book...

I believe in letting go and moving on, although I mostly fail in actually doing it... Maybe I act as if I moved on, while in fact, deep inside, that pain of letting go eats me alive, hurts every part of me, dramatizes my life, inside... I control my outer looks and reactions and interactions. It's so painful, but I believe we all have to do it, and eventually can do it ... When it's time, when all has been said and done, when it's time for change, we have to be strong, let go and move on, with hope and a smile on our face...

As for Kinda, my little princess, I know it hurts a bit, but I'm sure with a few toys, and some play time and ice cream, the fun will make her happy, and make her move on, for now at least :-)


Wish it was that easy for us adults, but it's not!!

Here is to a happy joyful life filled with excitement, adventures, success, and good health...

To New Beginnings...

Cheers my friends...

BISS 

No comments:

Post a Comment