Thursday, December 31, 2015

Love, Responsibility, and New Year Resolutions


Here we are at the end of 2015, another year gone by, another year spent... We close another chapter of our lives, a chapter full of memories and stories we can never erase or rewrite... Another chapter filled with joy, happiness, sadness, hurt, fun, adventures, success, failures, death, or love... Whatever happened this year, we have to accept it, learn from it, and look forward for a better year ahead... a better 2016...

Whether we like it or not, setting goals and plans is a proven way for success in professional as well as in our personal lives. So setting our New Year Resolutions is actually something really important to do, as long as we do it right. And when I say right, I mean, it has to be meaningful, genuinely meaningful to us. So depends on you, look for those big things you want to change in your life, big things you want to accomplish, big things you want to get rid of, big things that will make 2016 a better year than 2015... There are plenty of articles out there flooding social media channels which gives a lot of advice about setting those New Year Resolutions. I would say invest time and effort in actually setting those Resolutions, carefully, write them down, and keep them in front of you all year long to remind yourself of your goals, crossing out the ones you accomplish, and motivating yourself to seek the ones remaining on your list... It is so worth it, believe me...

For me personally, 2015 witnessed big accomplishments, that unfortunately did not stick, and turned into big disasters, disappointments, and hurt... How, why, what happened? I have been trying to figure it out before we close 2015, in order to learn from it, and plan for a better 2016, hoping I can fix, redeem, and regain a lot of what I have lost in 2015. So what did I find out, that is worth sharing with you, in order not to do a similar disaster?

I am by nature a very Loving and passionate person. I love madly, genuinely, deeply, with all my senses. Love of all kinds, love to my country, my city, my friends, my family, and of course above everything, my love to my soulmate, my Goddess, my love to my wife NEEMO... And although everyone knows this, with every action I have taken throughout 2015 and before, it was not good enough to close my 2015 on a happy note. Because something was missing, and I had to learn it the hard way: Love is not enough if it is not coupled with Responsibility!!

Love is an amazing thing. Those who know me, and who read my previous piece (Religion, Love, and ISIS), would understand what Love means to me... But as I said, I was missing the Responsibility ingredient... And so, my love became intoxicating, suffocating, damaging, even destructive!!

If you over do it in Love, you choke your loved ones... If you cover up lies for your loved ones, you are actually causing them more harm than good!! If you spoil your children, you are actually raising them wrong!! If you make your loved ones completely dependent on you out of love and care, you are ruining their individuality and independence!! All these examples and many more are examples of love with no responsibility... I come to realize this is a Careless kind of Love!! Eventually, even though all this is done under the flag of LOVE, it backfires completely, and would steer you away from a life full of love!!

For 2016, I have set a single huge Resolution: To Become a Responsible Lover. This is my deep, genuine, and meaningful Resolution. For 2016, I seek new ways, new paths, new adventures, and new actions, aimed to redeem myself to the ones I hurt, to the ones I damaged, to the ones I lost... I seek redemption in every single step I take, in every single action I do... I am a good learner, although I do many mistakes, which I admit, endorse, take responsibility, and try to work around them... But sometimes the damage is so deep, and so I am obliged to take extraordinary measures to really redeem my mistakes... I have done it before, and I will continue to do it, over and over again, hoping I can avoid repeating those mistakes, and doing good in 2016 and beyond...


Look into 2015, reflect on your actions, on your accomplishments, on your mistakes, learn from them, and set a new plan for 2016, a meaningful plan... A Responsible plan... Set Resolutions that mean to you, that mean to others, that will do good to yourself and others... Everyone has the capability of doing this, everyone is obliged to do this, for your sake, and for the sake of your loved ones...

To my family, friends, and to the love of my life: I am sorry for my Careless Love, I promise to work harder, I promise to learn and improve, I promise to change, I promise to become a Responsible Lover...

One quote I saw and loved goes like this: "2014 was practice, 2015 was the warm up, 2016 is game time". 


I close 2015 with some sadness... But at the same time, I am grateful, for all the happiness, health, joy, adventures, accomplishments, successes, and lessons... I am grateful for having amazing friends, family, a precious daughter, and the most amazing and loving soulmate... I am grateful for the LOVE I have in my life...

Goodbye 2015, and hello 2016, with everything you will bring... I am ready and so excited and looking forward to starting this new chapter. What about you my friends, are you ready??

To Happiness, Responsibility, Hope, and LOVE...

Happy New Year Everyone...

BISS

No comments:

Post a Comment